Thursday, November 5, 2009

Letters


It's so easy to send email or pick up the phone. But there is something so romantic about letter writing (the old fashioned kind). I anticipate the time every week that I get a letter from my husband. I feel like it is easier to express what I am truly feeling when I am actually hand writing something. Like I am really putting a piece of me into every envelope.
It helps our loved one who are away from us as well. My husband's uncle is a Navy Commander and he said that the guys that did the best in Officer Candidate School received the most letters. It boosts their morale so much and let's them know that they have not been forgotten.
Take time while your spouse is away to make it a sort of hobby. There are classes that you can take and books you can read on how to cultivate your letter writing skills.

1 comment:

  1. i just started writing letters back and forth with a friend in california. you and i should be pen pals! :)
    letters are really special and i'm sure this time away makes things like letters seem so much more special.

    ReplyDelete