Monday, March 29, 2010

What a Surprise!

This was just too good not to share with everyone this week! Yesterday, I pulled a pair of my j. crew chinos from the closet to wear to church. I haven't worn these since September because they are a pale pink color; however, these have been my favorite pants since I purchased them almost four years ago after the birth of my daughter.

When I originally bought them, they were snug to say the least, but I thought, "no problem, I'll lose the weight!" Yeah, that didn't happen. In fact, I found out I was pregnant about six months later, packed on about sixty pounds, and post pregnancy was wearing size 12. Depressing to say the least! That was almost three years ago.

So my favorite pink pants hung dejected in my closet, waiting for me to shink a size and squeeze my plush behind back into them. Last spring I was able to do that, but it was a snug fit to say the least! Working out didn't help me loose the extras around my behind and so they were worn rarely.

Last fall I began a new eating regimen and changed my bad habits for good ones in order to be healthier. I began loosing weight though I wasn't working "hard" to. I shrank from that size 12 that had me in it's grip to a size 8! My chinos hang off of me and for the first time are loose on my hips, buns and thighs!

I wanted to share this personal change with all of you because for years I thought that it was impossible to lose those inches from my buns and thighs. Now I know that it is not! It is possible and if any of you are interested in learning how to live healthier and shrink your size, you let me know. We can all live healthy, happy lives and not be depressed when working out doesn't accomplish what you want to. Excersize is only part of the equation; it took me a while to figure that out.

I know my weight loss is not done yet, but I have learned that my patience has paid off and next winter when I put my chinos away, it will be for good because I know that they will be two sizes too big rather than one.

3 comments:

  1. LeeAnne I am so proud of you! I love that your approach addresses the real secret Low glycemic and not all the exercise. Life style change and taking great supplements so your body can be at its best is amazing. No surgeries - no injections - no yo you diets! Just real food. I know through your Healthy For Life group you will help a ton of military moms reach their Spring weight loss goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that last paragraph! Way to go LeeAnne!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very proud of you honey. You looked great on the cruise. At that formal gown you wore the first night fits you better now than when we bought it all those years ago in college for your first Marine Corp Ball. I love you.

    ReplyDelete