Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Living an Unlikely Life


Most people who know me well know that I have not always been the most religious person in the past. I say this because recently, a friend of mine invited me to a church in town that she had just begun to attend and I went. The first time I attended was a truly momentous occasion. I felt for once that I was exactly where I was supposed to be! Two weeks later, my husband accompanied our children and I to service. If any of you knew my husband, you would know that he does not attend church. He and I both came from families where church was not something we did as a family. In fact, my own experiences of church came from my close friends. I share this with you all because attending service was a huge step for both my husband and I on the path that we follow through life.


This past Sunday, the pastor's sermon focused on living an unlikely life. What this meant was living a life that was not predictable or what I like to call boring. This message touched both my husband and I deeply.


Try looking at it this way. How likely was it that I would meet the man that became my husband eight years ago? The back story to that is that we met by pure chance! I lived five hours from him at the time and met him through a college classmate's boyfriend who worked with him! How crazy and unlikely is that?


The message also hit close to home for me as this past fall I took a chance and joined a group of women to begin developing my own business. I had tried a multi-level marketing business before with no success and so by trying again, I was living an unlikely life. For not only have I begun to build that business successfully, but my life has become more rounded and less stressful since I began to work with these wonderful women! My cup is no longer half full, but over flowing with well being, happiness, and security. These women have taught me how to have a more balanced life as well as helped me to become successful in my own business.


So my hope for all of you reading this is that you try to live an unlikely life! Don't be happy with the normal. Strive for the things in life that would be unlikely, for if you take those chances, your life will never be "boring" or unfulfilled! I will leave you with the greatest example of living an unlikely life: Stephen Hawking! How unlikely is it that not only is he the smartest man, but that he is able to use electronics to speak his thoughts through!

2 comments:

  1. LeeAnne.... I adore you and love watching your progression. It isn't about perfection it is about progressing. I love watching the power of doing something different and changing everything from a small decision. Thank you for this great post LeeAnne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LeeAnn, I loved reading this post. 5000moms has done the same for me! It's all about living authentically.

    ReplyDelete