Monday, January 11, 2010

New Year's Resolutions


So you are probably wondering why you have not seen a post by me for a while. We picked up my husband from Officer Candidate School on December 19th and the day after Christmas, we packed up everything and moved across the country to Georgia. We are almost completely settled in. Life has calmed down enough that I can get back into somewhat of a routine.
One of my new year's resolutions is to save money. I'm sure a lot of you have the same one. I found a great article about just that in the January issue of one of my favorite mags, Better Homes and Gardens.
If you are anything like me, my style changes every few months. So I thought that this was right up my alley. You can have a swap party! Bring anything from clothing to decor to fabric, etc. Here's how it works:
"Invite a few friends and ask them to bring items to swap. Lay out the loot, allow browsing time, then take turn choosing one new item for each item you brought. the only rule is that everything up for swap is clean and in good condition."
Have fun swapping everyone! I know I'm going to!

1 comment:

  1. My sister, my mom, and I are fortunate to be the same size. We've been swapping clothes since high school. It's a lot of fun. We all have just a little bit different style, so it's easy to keep our wardrobes looking fresh and different.

    Great New Years Resolution!

    ReplyDelete